Let me start off by saying we had an excellent trip, of
course! I'm going to start with a list of things that we learned this time
here to go straight to the pictures)
- First and foremost, Walt Disney World is absolutely stunning when
decked-out for the holidays! We highly recommend it! The
Grand Floridian's Victorian Christmas is a site to behold! The
Wilderness Lodge takes the ribbon for most 'Traditional Christmas' feel.
We can't wait to stay at this resort in the future!
- Staying at the Polynesian afforded us great views of the MK fireworks
each night. The fireworks for
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas were the most
spectacular, complex, stunning, and amazing that I have ever seen. Wow! I
couldn't believe my eyes! (I heard this year's Halloween
fireworks were amazing as well)
- The renovations at the Polynesian rooms (we stayed at the
great. The new consoles that incorporate a desk, flat TV, and more make
much better use of room space!
- 16 months old is not too young for a little boy to enjoy WDW!
In fact, like with the rest of us, Nathan's first trip to WDW was
definitely a life-altering experience!
- Disney's Magical Express was "okay", but you can't argue with the
price-tag! You decide, do you want to save money or have convenience?
- It can get cool in Florida at this time of the year. We were wearing
shorts during some days, and long-pants and sweatshirts on others. Plan
accordingly! For park touring, it was great...for
swimming it was a bit cool! Lesson learned: Do not get your kids wet first thing
in the morning on Kali River Rapids on a cool day...trust me on this one.
- We consciously did less videotaping in order to 'enjoy the moment'
more while we were there. Personally, I now regret not having the
video. This, of course is a personal choice...however, I won't make
this mistake again!
- on to the show...
- back to main page -